Hours: Full time
If you are looking for your next move and want to join a friendly team with a real sense of community within the working environment, look no further.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- An excellent high standard of clinical practice with excellent clinical outcomes
- An excellent ability to manage patients health and wellbeing across a complex pathway and changing caseload
- Develop excellent working relationships across the entire hospital
- Maintain excellent standards with infection control
It is essential that the applicant will have a:
- Registered General Nurse qualification (NMC)
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant and current clinical standards
- Recent post qualification surgical experience
- Knowledge in current national guidance around pre-optimising patients prior to surgery
- Experience of a team approach to care delivery
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and on own initiative as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable excellent customer service
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the service.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Confident and engaging telephone skills.
Technical Skills and Application:
- Assessment of Patients
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with patients and their careers using data collected from medical questionnaires, previous notes, telephone communications and face to face consultations.
- Identify individual patient requirements and plan an individualised care pathway
- Responsible for carrying out appropriate clinical interventions required to deliver comprehensive patient care
- Liaise with all departments to ensure pathway can be delivered
- Liaise with bookings team, consultants, anaesthetists and theatre manager to ensure appropriate theatre allocation is applied
- Maintain accurate accounts of nursing treatment, care planning and delivery.
- Ensures Pre-admission statistics are correctly recorded for collection/evaluation/audit.
- Uses excellent communication skills to undertake pre and post-operative phone calls to ensure continuity for the patient
- Reports clinical concerns to relevant consultants and Out Patients Manager
- Liaises with GPs and health professionals for all patients which require a cancellation or postponement.
- Ability to empathize with patients and deal with difficult situations.
- Assisting Consultants to perform minor procedures within the Outpatients Department.
- Pre Assessment experience essential.
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free Off Site Parking